Monday, March 2, 2015

Week 4 - Business for Class

The business I will be creating and using for this class will be called "Así Como Mamá" (translates loosely to Just like Mom's).

I think that the identifying of the target audience will be a slightly hard task to perform. Since my business will focus on catering traditional and authentic Mexican food items. Although I have not set up any social media outlets for my business I will get on that very soon. I think that the target audience will be mainly Latino's, or Spanish-speaking people form Mexico and Latin America.

Being that I'll be dealing with food and traditional crafts, like Mexican doileys, i think that the target audience will be slightly mid-20 to late-30 people. I believe this age group would be the best since most where born before 2000 and will be able to recognize some of the dishes and recipes being offered/used that my products will remind them of the homemade food/crafts their own mother's made. Please note that my target audience will change as I further define and refine my business BUT I'm sure that during the months of November and December business will be at an all-time high due to holidays and proximity of winter festivities and Christmas and the high demand of homemade tamales!

**More updates coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a wonderful business! I am a 3rd generation San Diegan. I think living here my entire life gives me a unique appreciation for Mexican culture and the beauty of the traditions. I especially LOVE Christmastime, because I know I will be able to find and abundance of delicious homemade tamales that I can't find as easily throughout the year. Being Caucasian in San Diego means the traditions and customs of Mexico are part of our own fabric of life as well. Most people I know enjoy and appreciate it all so much, that you may find that your customer base is not necessarily limited to Latinos or Spanish-speaking people! Please, let me know next time you are selling tamales!!!!! I would poke my own eye out for some tamales right now. :)

    ReplyDelete