Thursday, April 9, 2015

Week 6 – Strategic Connections with 7 Liked Facebook Businesses


This week we were to “research” and check out at least 7 Facebook businesses that could be strategic connections to mine. Especially since at the moment I haven’t had much traffic…so far I think I have 5 likes although many of my classmates have left comments!

So this is my strategic list of 7 businesses

1.    Tia’s Bakery: this would be a strategic connection because since they also focus on food maybe they can help with making some of my homemade recipes more “healthy” or consider other delicious recipes such as gluten free or low carb options.

2.    Dani Girl Cake Pops: Another page by one of y classmates this would also be a strategic connection in that she focuses on desserts. There are many Mexican desserts that with her help I could figure some creative way of making it bite size and even attempt a Mexican cake pop style dish. Such knowledge and/or tips would be helpful!

3.    Freshii: Belonging to another of my classmates this page would also be a helpful connection. They focus on healthy eating and are a vegetable/fruit store so they could benefit from my recipes such as Mexican “liquados” (dairy-based shakes), “aguas frescas” (fresh flavored waters like Horchata and Jamaica) and “raspados” (fruit slushies). Also can make items for them to possibly boost or sale that promote Así Como Mamá.

4.    Que Tortas! Is a small Mexican sandwiches and fruit salad restaurant in Esocndido. They would also be a strategic connection in that some of our recipes could be shared with them as well as maybe help them promote traffic with my “catering” vision and aspect of my business. Much networking could be done through them as they have a high Latino community influence.

5.    Paleteria Pelachos: Similar to Que Tortas! They too are a small food business in Escondido. Networking and business promotion could happen here as well as the exchange and sharing of recipes or at least improvements to recipes.

6.    3 Paco’s Party Supplies: This is a party supplies store in Vista that tends to cater to the Latino community, especially with an emphasis on Quinceañeras. I think that this would be an awesome connection because as a catering service business if their partners were to cancel they could definitely count on Así Como Mamá for their catering and I think that since my business would also attract more people due to crafts we can focus on adding little souvenirs for special occasions noting that they were provided by my business and expanding my possible clientele.

7.    Hadas y Sueños: Is a party supply store in Lima, Peru. Realistically can’t go down the street and pick up or order supplies. However, they can have more unique items that I could use to make my platting, decorations and crafts a little more authentic to Latino/Mexican cultures. The sharing of information would be helpful in how to make certain crafts or providing certain substitution or advice for completion of crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment