Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 9 - Blogging PERSONALITY for Business

This week we look at blogs once again, but made to think and answer the following: how personal do you think you can be on your blog? When does is make sense to add personality to a post, and when does it not?

I think that it is very important to always show some personality on a blog. Just like in writing our personality translates into the words and sentences we are using. At some level our psyche is always prevalent but that doesn't mean that we will always be speaking in a vulgar and/or demeaning manner. There is always a time and a place for when things need to be said and best times when certain "secrets and/or truths" are to be revealed.

With my business, Así Como Mamá, I feel that my personality has to come through a bit more than normal. Not only do I want my audience to experience a more cultural aspect with the recipes, foods, and crafts being showcased but it also shows that the cultural exchange I want to happen with my audience. I think that the best example of how my personality come through is in the info for my Facebook page is that there is a blurb in Spanish followed by the English translations. I think this is a big indication to my audience that there will be a use of both languages, and no not "Spanglish," but some basic words to better describe the food and crafts we make.

Whether it be a personal blog for your own business or as part of a company, showing a bit of personality also helps. In a company or corporate business, if one is solely in charge of taking care of the blog then they have the right to be a little more relaxed and have some personality whether it be humor or more speaking in general terms, it helps the reader be more at ease and more likely to come back and stay tune to what one has to say. Now if the blog is updated by more than one person than maybe showing personality through one's writing differentiates one's message/topic from the others and depending on how the text is developed, bring more traffic to the company's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment