Friday, April 24, 2015

Week 7 - Visual Networks

This week were to compare the four most common visual platforms: YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and and Tumblr. Having a food service type business I think that all four visual platforms would work best for my business, Así Como Mamá.

YouTube: This platform would be a good way to market my business. It would be really neat to include video on how to make certain dishes or the process in which certain crafts, especially doily's and the likes, are made and record how long it takes to make one such object/craft. One issue I can findmyself coming across would be getting my staff to allow me to record them on video as they help create the crafts and delicious homemade dishes my business does. Other than that it would be a good visual platform but at the moment maybe not quite my first choice or options. Another obstacle would be ways to introduce my meals as well as how often to create and upload videos.

Instagram: This platform, by far, will be the best way to promote my business especially in these early stages. The reason for that is that a picture is much simpler to edit (mainly crop) and planning on how to present the content interest could be made much quicker and more eye-catching. Another aspect making this the most ideal platform for my business is that I always carry my phone so thoughts, ideas, and new foods will be easy to capture as a picture and then upload on Instagram via my iPhone or on my computer once at home. Also, adding filters and different effects can definitely draw more viewers to check out my Facebook page and business. Plus, the overall presentation and creativity are endless making the process more fun and catering to so many viewers. Also, one caption can say it all rather than explaining what the picture is and can get input/opinions from viewers by allowing them to make comments and like picture.

Pinterest: This platform would be a neat way to get my business out there. I would be able to get ideas from other Pinterest users. At the same time I could easily build a community of support, and followers, by appealing to the millennial women/mother's by providing my recipes for them to use on their "Mexican dinner nights" and then getting feedback such as changes they have made to modify my own recipes. This would be such an awesome exchange of information since I would also be able to get ideas on much healthier options, substitution of ingredients or transforming the recipe itself to cater to vegan only eaters, gluten free, etc. One challenge I can think of would be finding a way to organize my bulletin boards, although I can of started in the different albums on my Facebook page, as well as the frequency on when to post. If anything, a bigger and more defined strategy would be needed in making this platform a real success and much more marketable to my business.

Tumblr: This would be a combination of the other three platform but most likely not the best for my business. The reason I think that this platform my not be suited would be because more time would most likely be needed to upkeep the content being shared and it would be more of a blog as well. One thing I have been struggling with, especially in for this class, has been my time management so falling behind would only hinder the success I plan on having for my business using this platform.

No comments:

Post a Comment