Friday, May 8, 2015

Week 12 - Project Activity: Coupon Network and Yelp Account

Finishing up week 12 we have a project activity to think about at least two of the suggested activities--creating a coupon network, having a research group through LinkedIn or Google+, tracking favorite blogs with the RSS Feeder, or creating a Yelp! account--and how they would benefit and bring growth to my business.

After a lot of thought, the two activities I would consider for this project would be creating both a coupon network and a Yelp! account.

The reason I would be interested in creating a coupon network would be because of the nature of my business being a catering service and the selling of Mexican crafts it would be beneficial in providing discounts and certain sale promotions. This network system would def be attracting more traffic to my business in that not only will the content, mainly pictures of my products, strike curiosity but will also, hopefully, drive my sales up. However, the idea to make a coupon network would be great but thinking back to week 11 and the importance of money in order to advertise the real possibility of this happening at the moment is very very slim and hardly a reality. Maybe once some revenue is established and funds are readily available then it be a more reasonable action. For now I think that any system of coupon would probably rely on Instagram and Twitter where certain discount words and/or pictures provide a limited time code to get a special offer or deal.

The other platform I would use would be Yelp! I must note that I don't have a physical location to provide as an address, except for my home, but not really a place to get people to come over and check out m products and merchandise. Now, Yelp! would be beneficial because unlike my Facebook business I would actually be able to hear back the opinion of my followers/fans and what they think of my services and products. Additionally, as a business owner I would be able to know what my audience/follower's expectations are of me. Granted Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are the foundation of my business and mainly the can that is provided to my followers/audiences. Yelp! on the other hand would be the worms the spewed out of the can once it as opened in that i would be getting first hand input, questions, suggestions and comments from anyone and everyone that has taken up business with my Así Como Mamá business and services. With this power that will be given to my audience they will be able to rate my product which would be helpful in me gauging what style of foods to provide as well as what kind of crafts and art work would be more in demand or wanted by those willing to buy from me. The cool thing that definitely separates Yelp! from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter is that Yelp! serves as an outlet and/or safe space for my audience to freely express their opinions of my business and products and even myself! In terms of right now I think that Yelp! would realistically be more practical to set up even if no phsical address is provided.

Plus, if texting my sister to like my Facebook business page to get my 30 likes and see my insights ratings/information got me an additional 25 likes after the initial 30 likes within two hours, and that's including my Facebook friends to request to follow me on Instagram, the likelihood that Yelp! would the better option for me to gain much more traffic and feedback for my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment