Sunday, May 10, 2015

Week 13 - Facebook Analytics

Continuing on with looking at the analysis of our business, we are now to use Insights or the Facebook analytics we have access to after getting 30 likes.

I will begin by saying that it took forever for me to get traffic to my page because it wasn't until Thursday 5/7 that I finally got my 30 likes...mainly after texting my sister to like my page as well as one other friend. Since then my business page, Así Como Mamá, has gotten a boom in traffic, comments and like on my comments and a much more demand to get my friends from my personal Facebook page to request and/or start following me on Instagram. It's kind of sad because at the beginning of the week I had a total of only 12 likes which included our professor for this class and now I'm well above 30 likes with some people being from outside the U.S., like Peru, liking my Así Como Mamá Facebook page.


Now that I have all 30 minimum likes, and growing it feels great. As of today there has been a bit more growth. Now things to wonder is how to further engage my audience-especially now that I have one. I think adding more content would be a great place to start especially crafts like my mother's hand woven doilies seem to catch people's eye as well as provide more dessert options. 

   

I've been thinking that one new way to improve traffic would be to begin sharing my recipes with my audience, both via Instagram and Twitter...I would take a picture of the recipe load it on Instagram and make it share on both Twitter and Facebook (killing two or three birds with one stone) and then add a savvy caption so that more of my own style of family/traditional cooking can be shared by others. One cool aspect of this style of sharing would be sleective in that not all recipes would be shared and it would be a little more random as to what is shared and what the dessert/food will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment