Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Week 14 - My Online Strategy

I think by now most of you, my classmates, have figured out that so far my favorite social media platforms have been Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. The way that these three platforms can sync and connect with each other def makes for easy marketing both visually and otherwise.

I know that one of the difficulties I will have with creating a strategy for my business would be to keep on track and stay with the scheduled plan. This semester I have been lacking on staying on top of assignments due to time constraints from my job so that was an issue but I think planning ahead and knowing that I will be leaving the restaurant, I'm at now, in about three weeks, I think I'll definitely have more time to dedicate to my online presence and strategy for my business.

The way my online strategy would work for the next six months would be to focus on my favorite platforms. The way that Facebook would be useful would be by scheduling new events at least one per week. The reason for this would be to engage my audience that follows me on Facebook. Additionally, since there is no limit on characters used when typing a post/message then my audience would find it much easier to communicate with me and openly give their opinions about my products and the things they would like to see as well. The cool thing will be that I can plan ahead on posts but schedule them to come out at different dates and times so that it brings a constant flow and uniformity to the dedication I'm giving my business in the online aspect of it.

Similarly, Twitter and Instagram would be used to constantly showcase possible products and/or popular products. i started to briefly see it on Instagram but showing the craft such as doilies and table pieces would def bring more attention to what my business has to offer. The way that Twitter would be used by having that constant communication with my followers. I can post a question, concern or suggestion on Twitter and then have my followers answer and be creative to where I can share some of the comments, questions and suggestions that I have liked as I speak with my followers. I think this method would work as long I post anywhere from 3-5 tweets a day. Keeping in mind that Instagram would be used for what I like and plan to introduce to my audience and Twitter used for the the input of my audience and what they would like to see.

TIMING! That will be the issue. Each medium requires a different focus and interest to drive each post with it's intended purpose. I think that in order to make my online strategy effective I would be spending a minimum of four to six hours a week which would included item/products being discussed, research information, staging especially if it's food, and the time to think of how to present my intended posts and tweets. That would probably be anywhere from 30minutes to an hour a day and that is not including any possible extra time o do research especially when on a roll and feeling it and making more possibilities happen...trying out new recipes, time to buy items like yarn and figuring out new designs, etc. Despite that little hiccup, it will be fun to update and maintain the livelihood of my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment